The Phantom 650 is the “pickup” of all airboats for hunters and fishermen- the load capacity up to 1.5 tons. This airboat is designed to move along hard-to-reach places through rapids in the summer and ice hummocks in the winter.
The cargo space of the “Phantom” is more than the passenger space, but the cabin can freely accommodate 5 people. The removable running awning with panoramic windows reliably protects from any bad weather. This model can be equipped with two more tents: one is to protect the cargo on the front platform and the other is a parking tent, which completely covers the bow of the boat. and there is a picnic area for those who like to relax in nature with comfort. In addition, a locker with a sink with water and a gas stove can be installed.
The Phantom 650 airboat can also interest entrepreneurs, gold miners, government agencies – all those who are suitable for cargo-passenger characteristics for this type of boat.
As a rule, cargo technology can not be at high-speed, with the Phantom 650, we are ready to argue with this. At one of the tests at loading two people and 150 litres of fuel it showed a speed of 143 km/h. It should be remembered that the speed is affected by the loading of the boat, but if you correctly distributed the cargo on the body and took no more than recommended, you will still go without the breeze and quite quickly, in comparison with other boats.
The Phantom 650 is equipped with all necessary and yet its capabilities can be significantly expanded with the help of various additional options: good navigational equipment, electric winch, optics capable of lighting far ahead of itself, an autonomous interior heater working with a muffled engine, an electrical pump for pumping tanks, built-in cabin and so much more.
The design of the boat is a combination of an all-welded aluminum hull, and an inflatable body located under it. This acts as a shock absorber for softening impacts when moving on obstacles protruding from the water. It is the inflatable body that takes over all the destructive bottom impact loads, absorbs the impact and, after passing through the obstacle, restores its original shape.
The inflatable boat hull is made of high-strength synthetic fabric with a double-sided polymer coating of PVC with the addition of thermoplastic polyurethane. Applied fabric is environmentally safe, wear-resistant, has high climatic and strength characteristics.
The bottom of the boat is protected by polymer scales, which adequately withstand both temperature changes and mechanical impacts. Scales are polymeric plates in general forming a multi-stage protection of inflatable cylinders. When moving along boulders protruding from the water or ice, each plate is elastically deformed and bends, damping and evenly distributing the load throughout the bottom of the boat. Each scales, in addition to the protective function, performs the role of a transverse version and ensures high speed performance for the aerodrome.
The water on board flows into the scuppers – special barred holes in the aluminum casing. Cylinder pumping valves are located in easily accessible places throughout the boat’s hull.
The front cargo platform, measuring 2.20 m in length and 2.0 m in width, has on both sides a guard rail 40 cm high at the bow and 53 cm closer to the windproof console, which serve both as a support for people and as protection from the fall of some cargo. The cockpit deck and cargo platform have a non-slip polymer coating.
Engine and Gearbox
“Phantom 650” airboat has a Chevrolet LS-3 Engine .
Power : 430 hp
Volume: 6200 cm3
Maximum Speed: Up to 100/150 km/h
Fuel Consumption: 35-90 l/h
1. Inflatable hull of a boat made of high-strength PVC fabric (cylinders and bulwarks)
2. All-welded aluminum powerplant body with attachments for inflatable boat hull
3. The engine on the longitudinal-transverse frame
4. All-welded aluminum propeller protection (fencing)
5. Air screw 3 or 6-blade
6. Vertical control keels
7. Underbody protection kit made of polymer material
8. Metal control panel with steering column and steering wheel
9. On the control panel: the ignition switch, the throttle control handle (gas), the emergency shutdown button with the check, the engine and onboard power control switches (the heater switch, the headlights, the navigation lights, the wipers on), the cigarette lighter, engine: a complex instrument with a meter of engine hours and a tachometer, an engine temperature indicator, LED oil pressure warning lamps in the engine, engine overheating and battery charging, level indicator fuel in the tank
10. Two soft marine seats (driver and passenger)
11. Aluminum capacious locker under two armchairs
12. Glove compartment in front of the passenger seat
13. Soft, solid seat with a soft backrest for passengers, designed for 3-4 people
14. Aluminum all-welded fuel tank for 200 liters.
15. Front, side and door glass “Triplex”
16. Driver’s Glass Screen Wiper
17. Front loading platform and cockpit floor with non-slip polymer coating
18. Soft cockpit trim
19. Cargo platform railings
21. Running lights
22. Paddle stroke